Sunday, May 4, 2014

Rouge Nail Bar (DIx30)



Rouge Nail Bar has few locations (St Denis, Crescent, Dix30, Fairmont) but since we live in Brossard, my sister and I decided to get manicures at Rouge Nail Bar (Dix30). We went there last Wednesday.


Services & Prices

They offer a range of services (nail, waxing and lashes). Click on each of the following for more information about their services and pricing:


They also offer party packages. Their booking fee starts off at $300Click here to find out more information about their private parties.


Nail Services

  • The Classic Rouge: Soak, Shape, Massage & Paint (extra charges with paraffin)
    • Manicure: $25 ($10 extra with paraffin)
    • Pedicure: $37 ($10 extra with paraffin)  
    • Mani/Pedi: $49 to $62 (depending on the time and day of the week; $15 extra with paraffin) 
  • Shellac: Mini manicure & Application of Coloured Shellac
    • Coloured Shellac Mani/Pedi$90
    • French Shellac Mani/Pedi: $95 
  • The Principessa: Soak, Scrub, Massage & Paint with principessa products
    • Mani/Pedi: $67
  • Madame La France: The Classic French Manicure - Soak, Shape, Scrub, Massage & Paint
    • Mani/Pedi: $62
  • CND: Soak, Exfoliation, Shape, Massage & Paint with CND products 
    • Mani/Pedi: $77

Click here to see full list of their services and prices.


We chose The Classic Rouge manicure (without paraffin).


________________________________



Appointment & Parking
We took our appointment over the phone for Wednesday at 7 PM. We parked outside but they do have indoor parking. 



Entrance
When we first walked in, we were greeted by the receptionist. 
The salon itself was nice and clean. There were few TV screens (the movie Mamma Mia! was playing in English). They had several stations in the open area for nail services but there was a small room reserved for waxing. 


Color Selection
There was a wide selection of nail polishes to choose from the collections by OPI, Essie and VINYLUX. The receptionist informed us that there were extra charges for VINYLUX.


I chose this Essie nail polish: 



Manicure Station
We were asked to be seated at the manicure station, which was very neat. There was a TV screen in front of us to keep us entertained. The movie playing on all TV screens was Mamma Mia in english.


Each manicure station had a set of metal tools and non-metal tools (wooden stick, nail file and buffer). The non-metal tools aren't reusable, so each client can bring these home.



Menu
We were each given a menu of drinks and snacks:

    • San Pellegrino
    • Smoothie (small fruits or mango)
    • Tea (green tea, earl grey, english breakfast) 
    • Cappuccino 
    • Expresso
    • Latte
    • Hummus and crackers 
    • Cheese Platter
    • Cake of the day
    • Dessert of the day



I took the small fruits smoothie, while my sister got green tea with chocolate. I liked my smoothie. It was so refreshing! 



The Classic Rouge Manicure
My sister and I each got The Classic Rouge manicure (Soak, Shape, Massage & Paint). My nail technician was really nice and she did a great job! 


Time to let it dry... 
We waited about 20 minutes after for our nails to dry. However, nails weren't completely dry. Make sure you stay a little longer to let your nails fully dry or you can leave but just be careful. I'm really clumpsy so when I was paying, my nail touched the zipper of my wallet and there was a small line. My nail technician fixed it but then I was very careful. The nails dried off completely after awhile. 

Nail Polish Chipping
It's been 4 days and I didn't notice much polish chipping. My nails grew since then, so they aren't fully coloured. 
Here's a picture of how my nails look now (after 4 days):


My Impression Overall

The nail salon is clean and relaxing. I would love to get mani/pedi next time. The prices are reasonable considering the fact that's it's much more clean than many salons out there. 
My nail technician was very nice, so we had a long conversation with her. Although my sister's nail technician wasn't very talkative, she still did a great job with my sister's nails.
If you are looking for a place to relax and catch up with a friend, this is definitely a great place to do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment